HomeMy EtsyMy StoreAbout My Vintage CatClassesContact Me

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Shimmer Sheetz, Colour Shine, Cuttlebug Christmas Cards!





Good morning!

I will be working on the Gold and Bronze effect card today, with Shimmer Sheetz and Heidi Swapp Colour Shine sprays.

(note that you just apply the same technique for the Silver Card with Silver Shimmer Sheetz)


 * One pack of Shimmer Sheetz "Bronze" from Elizabeth Crafts Design
*Heidi Swapp Colour Shine sprays in Bronze, Black Velvet and Gold Lame
* Embossing Folder 3 wise men from Cuttlebug


First emboss the Shimmer Sheetz with the embossing machine of your choice and the 3 wise man folder. When I  work with sprays I always use an old box to spray in, it helps to keep a clean area. I discovered, doing those cards, that with the Shimmer Sheetz, you have to let the Colour Shine settle a little bit, not too much, a couple of minutes, or you will have to spray another coat to remove the spot effect (not very nice effect). I used the 3 spray colours one after the other.After a couple of minutes, I tap lightly with a Scott towel to remove the ink that has not dried, this step needs to be done all over the Shimmer Sheetz to obtain an even effect. I build the effect working in layers, I liked it after about 3 coats.


Since working with  Shimmer Sheetz and sprays I discovered that the surface needs to be protected or it will damage easily. I used Krylon mat finish as a top coat.

I do hope you will try it!
If you need more explanations please leave a comment and I will try to answer your question!

Thank you for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Great card and post. I really like this effect.
    ~ Johanne C

    ReplyDelete